Eka Gigauri has served as TI Georgia's Executive Director since December 2010.
Born on April 14, 1978, she graduated from Tbilisi State University with a bachelor’s degree in International Relations. In 2001 Ms. Gigauri graduated from Caucasian University with a MBA degree. She received her second L.L.M degree in International Law from VU University Amsterdam.
Eka Gigauri worked in different state institutions, mainly in the field of foreign affairs, including in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Transportation and the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Until 2008, she served as Deputy Head of the Boarder Police of Georgia where she was in charge of legal and International affairs as well as supervising the overall reformation process of the agency.
Ms. Gigauri also has working experience in private sector concentrated in Marketing and Public Relations consultancy.
- Beyond “Lol Cats”: Fostering the political engagement of the Georgian blogosphere
- Effective Aid through Public Participation
- Monitoring Georgia's International Commitments
- Monitoring of Georgia’s Implementation of OECD’s Anti Corruption Network for Transitions Economies Recommendations
- Monitoring of Implementation of European Neighbourhood Policy
- Monitoring Plea Bargaining in Georgia
- Monitoring the Renovation and Reconstruction of the Mayor's Office via Crowdsourcing
- Monitoring the Use of Administrative Resources in the 2008 Presidential and Parliamentary Election
- Promoting Transparency of Party Finances
- Promoting Understanding of the Energy Sector in Georgia
- Supporting Monitoring of the 2010 Local Elections through Estalblishing Media Centre
- The Majoritarian Project: Informed Citizens and Accountable Government
- Use of Administrative Resources for Election Campaign, Local Elections 2010
- Voter Education and Election Observation Mission in Kvemo Kartli for the Parliamentary Elections in spring 2008