Administrative Expenses of State Representatives - Governors in 2018-2019
Transparency International Georgia presents information on the expenses of administrations of nine state representatives for 2018-2019. Total expenses of all administrations amounted to GEL 10,797,168.
The study includes information on salaries, salary supplements and bonuses, as well as expenses on telecommunications, business trips, fuel, car repair / diagnostics, beverages, food and restaurant services.
- In 2018-2019, the remuneration of employees of administrations of state representatives amounted to GEL 8,212,842, which is GEL 1,411,749 more than the same figure for 2016-2017 (GEL 6,801,093);
- The administrations of state representatives own 81 vehicles and GEL 521,959 was spent for their repair / diagnostics;
- The administrations of state representatives spent GEL 1,109,683 on fuel in 2018-2019, which is GEL 234,575 more than the same figure for 2016-2017 (GEL 875,108);
- 505,076 liters of fuel were purchased in 2018-2019;
- In 2018-2019, GEL 86,993 was spent on telecommunications, while in 2016-2017, this figure stood at GEL 61,227;
- In 2018-2019, GEL 123,495 was spent on business trips while in 2016-2017, this figure stood at GEL 154,690;
- The administrations of state representatives in total spent GEL 86,742 (GEL 51,411 in 2018 and GEL 35,331 in 2019) on representation expenses (food and restaurant services, beverages, etc.). To compare, in 2017, this figure stood at GEL 32,635.
The number of employees:
As of December 31, 2019, there were 267 employees in the administrations of nine state representatives. As of January 1, 2018, this figure stood at 276.
- In 2018-2019, the remuneration of employees of administrations of state representatives amounted to GEL 8,212,842 (GEL 3,965,155 in 2018, GEL 4,247,692 in 2019);
- During the same period, GEL 655,454 (GEL 322,523 in 2018, GEL 332,931 in 2019) of salary supplements and bonuses were paid to the employees;
- In 2018-2019, the administration of state representive in Kakheti spent the largest amount (GEL 122,578) on salary supplements and bonuses;
- From 2018, the salaries in the administrations of state representatives have increased, compared to 2016-2017, but the salary supplements and bonuses have decreased significantly.
Information on salaries, salary supplements and bonuses received by public officials of the administrations of state representatives can be found in the table below.
Vehicles and their repair costs
- The administrations of state representatives own 81 vehicles. Two automobiles of Guria administration and one of Kvemo Kartli are out of order.
- The administration of the state representative in Imereti owns the most - 13 cars.
- In 2018-2019, in total GEL 521,959 was spent on vehicle repair (GEL 269,776 in 2018, GEL 252,183 in 2019).
- In 2018-2019, the administrations of state representatives consumed 505,076 liters (505 tons) of fuel (240,454 liters in 2018, 264,622 liters in 2019).
- Total value of consumed fuel amounted to GEL 1,109,683 (GEL 526,014 in 2018, GEL 583,669 in 2019)
- Among all administrations, Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti administration consumed the largest amount of fuel - 87,060 liters with a total value of GEL 190,089.
State representatives consume between 400 and 1200 liters of fuel each month. Irakli Kadagishvili, the State Representative in Kakheti consumed the largest volume of fuel (20,833 liters) among all incumbent state representatives.
Information on the fuel consumed by state representatives can be found in the table below.
It is noteworthy that only two administrations of state representatives - Mtskheta-Mtianeti and Racha-Lechkhumi-Kvemo Svaneti – operate in their own buildings, while other administrations use municipal-owned buildings free of charge.
Expenses on telecommunications and business trips:
In 2018-2019, the administrations of state representatives spent GEL 86,993 (GEL 39,034 in 2018 and GEL 47,959 in 2019) on telecommunications. It is noteworthy that the administration of the state representative in Kvemo Kartli has combined the costs of television, intra-city telephone and internet in the cost of telecommunications, thus Kvemo Kartli data covers all these costs.
- As for business trips inside and outside the country, GEL 123,495 was spent in 2018-2019 (GEL 55,902 in 2018 and GEL 67,593 in 2019).
- The administration of State Representative in Kakheti spent the most (GEL 34,259) on travel.
- The administrations of state representatives spent GEL 86,742 in 2018-2019 (GEL 51,411 in 2018, GEL 35,331 in 2019) on representation expenses, including restaurant services and office drinks (water, tea, coffee).
- The administration of State Representative in Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti spent the most (GEL 22,742) on representation expenses.
- It is noteworthy that administrations of state representatives in Guria, Racha-Lechkhumi-Kvemo Svaneti and Mtskheta-Mtianeti regions have not spent anything on restaurant services.