TI to Host Election Day: International Press Workspace
Transparency International Georgia (TI Georgia) will provide a free workspace to members of the international press covering Georgia’s parliamentary elections on October 1st, and invites all international journalists, visiting or locally based, to make use of the workspace’s resources throughout Election Day.
The space is located in TI Georgia’s office at 26 Rustaveli Avenue in central Tbilisi (opposite the Opera house), and will remain open throughout Election Day and during vote counting.
Resources available at the workspace include:
- Free encrypted WiFi
- Plenty of power outlets
- Coffee, tea, and water
- Access-controlled building
- UPS and generator backup
- Access to major local TV channels, including opposition
- Two projectors for screening Twitter or news broadcasts.
- Direct access to staff of one of Georgia’s most prominent local NGOs
- Physical location alongside the coordination and communication headquarters for TI Georgia’s nationwide monitoring effort
- Local volunteer translators and fixers
- Central location on Rustaveli boulevard in Tbilisi, five minute walk from the outgoing Parliament building.
- Availability of regionally focused experts and commentators.
As we have limited space, we would kindly request any press who plan to utilize the workspace to RSVP to attend.
The contact person for this event is Derek Dohler, firstname.lastname@example.org